Jumping rope is one of the best exercises out there and it may even be more effective than other cardio exercises. Here are 6 Science-backed benefits of jumping rope:
- Jumping rope actually burns more calories, when compared to other cardio exercises.
- It improves your foot coordination and also increases your strength in the muscles surrounding your ankle joint.
- Doing jump rope will increase your heart and lung health.
- Jumping rope requires top-notch coordination, especially as you advance to more skilled moves, such as quickly swinging the rope twice within each jump. This eventually improves cognitive skills.
- Jumping rope will reduce injury risk and it can make your bones stronger.
- It is beneficial for people who are already at risk for cardiovascular disease.
Grab a jump rope, get hopping, and be amazed by the different ways your body and mind will benefit.