I picked up this chest on chest dresser at a garage sale a little over a week ago.
This one needed just a little bit of work before I got started painting. Ken had to reglue a foot at the back, and then re-attach the top section to the bottom section. The seller had taken them apart, but they weren’t meant to come apart. Once the two sections were put back together, Ken also had to re-attach the trim that went around the spot where the two came together.
Next I removed the knobs and scuff sanded the entire thing. It was quite scratched up, so I wanted to even out the surface a bit plus promote good adherance of the paint (Dixie Belle recommends scuff sanding to…
View original post 584 more words