Most people know the importance of stretching before a physical workout or activity, but there are many benefits of stretching after dancing as well. Below are six such benefits.
- Stretching after dance lessons help to reduce pain in the muscles.
- Post-session stretching helps to increase flexibility since the body is already warmed up and more pliable.
- It helps in preventing tight muscles. Having tight muscles increases the risk of injury, and can restrict movement following a dance lesson.
- Stretching after a dance lesson helps the body feel rested and relaxed instead of drained and fatigued.
- Post-dance stretching gives your lungs a chance to slow down and return to normal breathing.
- As you stretch and help to re-establish a normal flow of blood, you will avoid that heavy-limb feeling of fatigue and instead feel relaxed and refreshed.
Stretching can help reduce soreness and stiffness. Unfortunately, stretching will not eliminate all muscle…
View original post 7 more words