Yummy loaf cake chockfull of almonds and pecans!
I had pecans to use up and found this recipe at lovefoodies. I left out the salt and almond essence from the original recipe. I never think the salt is necessary and I find almond essence makes things taste like marzipan and I don’t like marzipan!
If you need the ingredients in cups, best to head over to the original recipe.
Ingredients (this makes enough mixture for a 30 x 12 cm / 12 x 5 in loaf tin):
- 175 g / 6 oz butter/baking margarine
- 150 ml / 5 fl oz milk (the type you have in the fridge)
- 200 g / 7 oz caster or granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (medium or large)
- 100 g / 3.5 oz plain flour
- 100 g / 3.5 oz ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 110 g / 4 oz pecans, chopped
View original post 335 more words