Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (168 g,) I suggest not using ground almonds with the skin as it won’t be as light.
- 1/2 cup potato starch not potato flour or tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened carob or cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate or carob or chocolate or carob chips melted
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- ¾ t. baking soda
- 1 teaspoon finely ground espresso (makes the chocolate richer) optional
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree or apple sauce
- 1/2 cup aquafaba (the liquid from a can of chickpeas) or plant-based milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
Line 12 muffin cups with paper cupcake liners.
- Fluff your almond flour with a whisk first to break up any lumps, as it tends to lump in storage.
- Add the almond flour, potato starch, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and espresso (if using) to a large…
View original post 473 more words