Last month I shared ten simple ways to reduce our footprint on Mother Earth. Today I will share ten more.
- Collect rainwater and use it for landscaping. If you’re worried about mosquitoes, put a cover on it after it rains.
- Bring your own mug or refillable cup to your favorite coffee spot.
- Buy Fair Trade products.
- Carpool as much as possible. And, combine errands so you drive more efficiently.
- Choose reusable rather than disposable products. (razors, pens, cups, cloth napkins, diapers, etc)
- Buy in bulk to avoid excess packaging.
- Donate old cell phones and help save the African gorilla. http://www.eco-cell.org
- Don’t charge your cell phone overnight.
- Reuse Ziploc bags when you can.
- Purify indoor spaces with plants instead of artificial room fresheners.
Here’s one of my favorite ways to re-purpose something:
Got any more good ideas? We can all make a difference in many small ways.